Thursday, May 20, 2010

FOREGROUND



Last week I started--online--at what some people call "library school." This week, I dropped my classes--the technology overwhelmed me a bit. As many of you know, "Libraries preserve the integrity of civilization." Naturally I was somewhat disappointed that I wasn't going to become a priest, of sorts, but worse things have happened.


I must say that my erstwhile classmates seemed to be, to a man and to a woman, very nice people, although I imagine that meeting them would, initially, be little bit disorientating. As it is with, say, radio, with people you "know" but have never seen, your imagination fills in the details. "No," you think to yourself, "this can't be Holly. Holly is slender and six feet tall and giggles a lot."

I did have the pleasure of meeting Dionne--who, actually, was pretty much as I imagined her to be. I will only add, Ladies and Gentlemen, you are going to love Dionne, and ,Dionne, I owe you lunch.

So much can happen in a week. I will condense things to report that my aspirations got the better of my common sense, and I've decided to re-enroll for the Fall term.

Always leave the audience wanting more is an adage I learned from my high school music teacher. It would have been nice if I had also learned how to play an instrument, but...well, see the bromide at the top of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment